COMBINED HIGHER SECONDARY LEVEL
- Lower Division Clerk (LDC)/ Junior Secretariat Assistant (JSA): Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 1900 (pre-revised).
- Postal Assistant (PA)/ Sorting Assistant (SA) Pa Band -1 (Rs 5200-20200) Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
- Data Entry Operator (DEO): Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) and
- Data Entry Operator, Grade ‘A’: Pay Band-i (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay: Rs. 2400 (pre-revised).
Reservation for the Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) /Ex-servicemen (ESM)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD)/ Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) etc. categories is available as per extant Govt. Orders.
|Code No.||Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|03||PwD (Unreserved)||10 years|
|04||PwD (OBC)||13 years|
|06||Ex-Servicemen (ESM)||3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the
State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st
January 1980 to3lstDecember 1989.
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof(SC/ ST)
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees:
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.
|Up to 40 years of age|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees:
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)
|Up to 45 years of age|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.
|Up to 35 years of age|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST)
|Up to 40 years of age|
|14||Service clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.
|up to 45 years or age|
|15||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST).
|Up to 50 years of age|
|16||Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGT in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies)
|3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.|
- For LDC/ JSA, PA/ SA, DEO (except DEOs in C&AG): The candidates must have passed 12th Standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
- For Data Entry Operator (DEO) in the Office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India (C&AG): 12th Standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.
SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
The Examination will be conducted in three tiers as indicated below:
- Tier -I - Computer Based Examination
- Tier -II - Descriptive Paper
- Tier -III - Skill Test/ Typing Test
Tier-I (Computer Based Examination-Objective Type):
|Part||Subject (Not in sequence)||Number of
|Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|I||English Language (Basic Knowledge)
|25/ 50||60 Minutes (80
candidates eligible for scribes )
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)
Tier-II (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-II Paper will be a descriptive Paper of 100 Marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ Mode. The duration of the Descriptive Paper would be for one hour (20 minutes compensatory time will also be provided to the candidates eligible for scribes). The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and a Letter/ Application of approximately 150-200 words.
Tier-III (Skill Test/ Typing Test)
Skill Test/ Typing Test for the qualified candidates will be conducted on computers provided by the Commission or its authorized agency.
TIER-I OF THE EXAMINATION:
- English Language: Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/ Homonyms, Antonyms, Spellings/ detecting mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active/ Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/ Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension passage.
- General Intelligence: It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations, Symbolic/ Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation, Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/ Number Classification, Drawing inferences, Figural Classification, Punched hole/ pattern-folding & unfolding, Semantic Series, Figural Pattern-folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and dc-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
- Quantitative Aptitude: Number Systems, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Algebra, Geometry, Mensuration, Trigonometry, Statistical Charts.