MULTI TASKING (NON-TECHNICAL) STAFF EXAMINATION
The Staff Selection Commission will hold a competitive examination for recruitment of Multi Tasking Staff in Pay Band-1 (Rs 5200-20200) + Grade Pay Rs 1800, (Revised Pay Scale after 7th CPC: Pay Level in Pay Matrix – Level-1), a General Central Service Group ‘C’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post in various Ministries/ Departments/ Offices of the Government of India, in different States/ Union Territories.
Reservation for the Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST)/ Other Backward Classes (OBC) /Ex-servicemen (ESM)/ Persons with Disabilities (PwD) / Economically Weaker Sections (EWS) etc. categories will be as per extant Govt. Orders.
|Category||Age-relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit|
|05||PwD (SC/ ST)
|3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on closing date of receipt of online application.|
|07||Candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 1st January 1980 to 31st December 1989.||5 years|
|08||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof.||3 years|
|09||Defence Personnel disabled in operation during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof (SC/ ST)||8 years|
|10||Central Government Civilian Employees:
Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications.
|Up to 40 years of age.|
|11||Central Government Civilian Employees: Who have rendered not less than 3 years regular and continuous service as on closing date for receipt of online applications. (SC/ ST)||Up to 45 years of age.|
|12||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried.||Up to 35 years of age.|
|13||Widows/ Divorced Women/ Women judicially separated and who are not remarried (SC/ ST).||Up to 40 years of age.|
|14||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces.||Up to 45 years of age.|
|15||Service Clerks in the last year of their colour service in the Armed Forces (SC/ ST).||Up to 50 years of age|
|16||Retrenched census employees of the office of Registrar General of India (They will be considered only for offices under RGI in their order of merit and subject to availability of vacancies)||3 years plus length of service rendered by them in connection with census, before retrenchment and weightage of past service.|
SCHEME OF THE EXAMINATION
The examination will consist of
- Paper- I – Computer Based Examination
- Paper -II – Descriptive Paper
Paper-I (Computer Based Examination-Objective Type):
(Not in sequence)
|Time Duration (For all four Parts)|
|I||General English||25/25||90 Minutes (120 Minutes for
|II||General Intelligence &
|III||Numerical Aptitude||25/ 25|
|IV||General Awareness||25/ 25|
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Short Essay/Letter in
English or in any language
included in the 8th
schedule of the
|50||30 minutes (40 minutes for
the candidates eligible for scribes)
Computer Based Examination (Paper-I):
- English Language: Vocabulary, grammar, sentence structure, synonyms, antonyms and its correct usage, etc. and writing ability would be tested.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: It would include questions of non-verbal type. The test will include questions on similarities and differences, space visualization, problem solving, analysis, judgment, decision making, visual memory, discriminating observation, relationship concepts, figure classification, arithmetical number series, non-verbal series etc. The test will also include questions designed to test the candidate’s abilities to deal with abstract ideas and symbols and their relationship, arithmetical computation and other analytical functions.
- Numerical Aptitude: This paper will include questions on problems relating to Number Systems, Computation of Whole Numbers, Decimals and Fractions and relationship between Numbers, Fundamental arithmetical operations, Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Averages, Interest, Profit and Loss, Discount, use of Tables and Graphs, Mensuration, Time and Distance, Ratio and Time, Time and Work, etc.
- General Awareness: Questions will be designed to test the ability of the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions will also be designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighbouring countries especially pertaining to Sports, History, Culture, Geography, Economic scene, General Polity including Indian Constitution, and Scientific Research etc. These questions will be such that they do not require a special study of any discipline.
The Paper will be set in Hindi, English and in other languages mentioned in the, to test basic language skills commensurate with the educational qualification prescribed for the post. Candidates will be required to write one short essay.